Friday, March 2, 2012

All Over the Board

I'm afraid I have so many things on my mind, that this post might be a bit scatter-brained! You'll have to forgive me, and I apologize in advance.  There seems to be so many things that I am learning, that God is teaching me lately.

The first and major one is that God is LOVE.  He has been showing himself to me in so many ways and frankly making me love Him even more.  I am finding that a relationship with God is two ways, not just one.  I've spent so many days filling up the prayer list with endless requests, reading the bible but not really studying it, and walking the walk, talking the talk.  None of which are bad, but my God is a jealous God.  He wants more of me.  He wants me only.  He loves it when I talk to him, just talk.  He loves it when I ask Him for advice before my friends, He loves it when I goof around with Him and can only hope He's laughing with me! He does little things for me, and sometimes I am just overwhelmed at the thought that a BIG GOD, who created all the universe loves a little ol' human like me.  Nevertheless, He does! Oh! He does!

My church is reading the gospel of John together.  We are on day 12.  We also are applying this simple tool to help up study the word instead of just read it.  It's called SOAP.  S-cripture, O-bservation, A-pplication, P-rayer. As I look back on what I have written down for those I am seeing two very important things that God is telling me through these scriptures, along with a bunch of other stuff.

1) Be Thankful! WOW! I am so blessed to have a God who loves me, who died for me, who protects me daily, who wants to be with me, who is so wise, smart, who blesses me everyday.  How can I not be thankful! I have so much! I should have none, but God loves me too much.

2) Give all Glory to God.  God has blessed me with talents that can be so beneficial to His Kingdom someday.  As a recipient of those talents, it's quite easy to think, "It's all about me! Look how good I am!" That's not it at all.  God has given us these talents with a much bigger purpose.  Why would I for one instant take glory away from God when He is the one who gave me these things? He has done so much for me, for us, for everyone! Trust me when I say this, He deserves ALL the Glory.  What a great God we serve!

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is friendship.  How I am blessed to have friendship in my life.  I am close to several people and these people have poured into my life wisdom from God himself.  They have been there when I needed someone, they pray for me more than I probably realize, They genuinely care about me, and want to be there for me.  How nice it is to have someone there when I am feeling sad, down, or depressed. What a blessing it is to have someone impart Godly wisdom for a situation I am going through.  God uses these relationships in my life.  I am so blessed by them.  Friends are important.  God didn't create us to be alone and oh how I see that become evident in my life.

One last thing.  Prayers? They really do get answered.  My church's bible reading plan has been bringing forth prayers to change me and oh how they have been.  God is changing me! How exciting that is! My heart is becoming less calloused, and more open to compassion.  And here's the thing... I did nothing to change it, God has done everything in me.  He has made me a new person..

My God is an awesome God! I love Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment